updating policy... RE: [Imc-web] Trolls Worth Watching

Paul Bengt Riismandel p-riism at ad.uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 27 09:00:15 CST 2004

I agree, and I'm OK with hiding this type of crap from "Jack" and his
fans/alter-egos right now.

However, I do think we should consider making some changes to the
"acceptable use policy" in order to more formally delegate editing
duties than they are now.

I'd be willing to suggest the changes and bring them steering, with the
support of the imc-web list.

Mostly, I want to guard against any possible charges of "self-appointed"
editors. While this hasn't been a problem at UCIMC, it has been the
basis for several deep conflicts at the Portland, SF and NYC IMCs,
causing enormous rifts.

I honestly don't believe we have the same situation here at UCIMC, if
only because there isn't the same sense of possessiveness over the site
by anyone here. But all it takes is one person to so closely identify
the site with her/his personal stake in the IMC to screw it all up.

--Paul