[Imc-web] The No "Home" Button, Jack Ryan, etc.

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Tue May 18 09:54:47 CDT 2004

On Tue, 18 May 2004, Mike Lehman wrote:

> I think I've discovered part of my problem with the website the last few
> days. The "Home" button in the banner at the top of the page (which goes
> to http://www.ucimc.org/) no longer will take you back to the mainpage.
> It just sits and spins, and spins, and ....
>
> Now, where the mainpage goes to is apparently http://www.ucimc.org/index.php

i can't seem to replicate the problem.

> I suspect that someone has been tweaking the webpage again, without
> fully testing the functionality of things. Or who knows, but what I
> thought was a server problem is definitely still a problem for me,
> whatever it is.

perhaps when folks tweak the website they should send in brief summaries
of the work they did?  this would help keep us all in the loop.

> Speaking of problems, the Jack Ryan complex jumped all over our new
> feature, just as I suspected he/they would. I have mercislessly cracked
> down, as well as leaving a brief response as to how it is. Perhaps I am
> pushing the limits here a bit, but I am simply tired of wading through
> so much blah, blah-rightwing-blahity, blah, blah. It's all rather
> pointless and I would like to put a pretty harsh line down here, before
> we have yet another story that is two-thirds repetitive rightwing BS
> that everyone has heard before, which seem to be the soul point.

i would probably have left up the information posted by NRA4Freedom -- i
may not agree with it, but it's the stuff of debate.  i think it's
important that we allow for the debate to continue on the site while
taking a firm stand against anything that is directly harassing,
attacking, etc.  we still need to be able to justify every one of our
posting decisions and i think NRA4Freedom's rants should probably be
unhidden.

--sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
Project Manager & President      *      Project Manager