[Imc-web] The No "Home" Button, Jack Ryan, etc.

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Thu May 20 13:37:26 CDT 2004

Paul,
My gut feeling was to have hid them all, but I started to get cold feet
when Sascha and Peter Miller (via a private mail, but who wasn't aware
of the "Man in the Box" Syndrome -- a la Jimmy Fallon's SNL Z105
character, but I digress -- we've been having) raised concerns about my
getting a little off policy. And, in the absence of clear language, so
did I, so I let things fizzle out for the most part. And I regret
responding, instead of simply hiding it, but I was rather stuck by
having to back off and felt a need to respond that I should have ignored.

Or maybe it's just the Richard Nixon 'Madman' Theory of Editing...

Yeah, we need to get the language settled and consense to it. I'm sure
the lull is just temporary. I am in support of hiding the mess, but
maybe we should just let it lay if others are still uncertain about
things being within policy. I absolutely feel that we should just hide a
repeat of that series if it should occur again.
Mike Lehman