Questions -- Re: [Imc-web] JackRyan, RIP

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Fri Nov 19 00:07:23 CST 2004

Both questions are just technical:
1. Do we delete with the "mark record as deleted" option or "purge from
database option?" I would prefer the former, since it retains a post in
the event that one of us makes an error and allows us to undo it. The
effect of either method is the same on the site -- the deleted post
appears neither in the newswire or hidden articles wire.

2. Does the deletion decision apply to all existing Jack posts, or just
all those made subsequent to the Steering meeting? I wouldn't want to
have to clean out two years of newswire posts, but I also wouldn't mind
seeing some of his most recent trash removed from the first page of
hidden articles. Not a pressing issue, just wondering.

Thanks, Mike, for bringing this to Steering, since I do think it's a
tactic we'll have to pursue from time to time in order to stem the tide
of posters whose only interest is hurting our website.

--Paul