[Imc-web] jack's new nicks

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 22 23:59:19 CST 2004

Paul,
I concur. Same attitude, same obsession with Moslems. It's only hidden, instead of delete hidden, so he may eventually figure out he should use various other nicks and avoid the delete hide. We should be able to tell by their relative proliferation, accompanied by a relative drop-off in postings as JR, if he takes this as a clue (but then, he's always been rather clueless or is it just part of the W-obsession to act that way? :o).  Given the accumulation of evidence like that, we may go to delete hiding them also, but I'm comfortable with where this one rests for now.

There have been a couple where I was certain it was JR under a different nick, in which case I went ahead and delete hid them. This is going to be a judgment call in many cases, but I would expect it will be a lot like DAN D., where we hear about as close to zero compalints from those claiming mistaken identity as is possible given the amount of crap that is hidden. Besides, a variety of responses depending on how WE see things will only further confuse him.

Speaking of multiple nicks, I find it interesting that Jack's buddies are all off line during what must be a stressful time for him -- looks like his posse has abandoned him. Coincidence? Naw, he probably hasn't thought of covering his tracks that way yet or our earlier blanket response to them when they were out of line "just like" him may have already discouraged him from recycling "them" yet again.

I am certain he's figured out that his stuff is going away. The new policy has been effective in lessening his activities when he's caught by us in the middle of a spam jag (and certainly in lesssening his negative impact on the site), but given his obsession with "straightening" us out, I would expect him to linger for awhile.
Mike Lehman