[Imc-web] Re: [Imc-tech] Jack Ryan and IMC Site

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 23 18:45:44 CST 2004

All I can say is that Dada is acting strangely again. I have now deleted Jack's comment completely, yet it is still visible after relaod and cache clearing. Maybe it's just Mozilla or something? What browser are you using? Do you still see it now that I have totally deleted it?

I have checked some other Newswire articles for comments I have delete hidden and they seem to have suitably suppressed Jack when I've called on it the site to do this in some cases -- and in other cases they have not, in what appears to be random fashion. We may have to go to the delete pruge and hope that works.

Does anybody have any ideas why this is happening? Could it be related to some of the database issues we've had lately?
Mike Lehman

Wendy Edwards wrote:

> Hi, Mike!
>
> Oops, am I an editor?  I didn't know.  I was logged in as "wayward"
> but I also tried it not logged in and still saw the Jack Ryan
> message.
>
> Wendy
>
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 04:13:45PM -0800, Mike Lehman wrote:
>
>>Wendy,
>>You should only be able to see it if you are logged in as editor. It should say:
>> "Deleted with code "Policy Violation"
>>(by Jack Ryan
>>jr)"
>>In a box above his hidden comment.
>>
>>If this isn't the case, let us know and we'll figure out how to make him go away (completely, if need be.)
>>Mike Lehman
>>___

Wendy wrote earlier:
Hey, guys, I'm wondering if there might be a glitch with the
UCIMC site and Jack Ryan.  One of his comments has been
visible all day under the "Carle Foundation Hospital Guilty...
Lynn Sprout" article.  His is the second comment, but the
main UCIMC page indicates that there's only one comment.

Wendy