[Imc-web] about the search for new space

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Wed Nov 24 16:12:29 CST 2004

I want to make sure everyone knows about the New Space group that is
working to find a new space for the IMC.

I am the communications liason for the New Space ad-hoc working
group. You can call me at 621-6768 or email me at zach at chambana.net at
any time if you would like information about the New Space process.

If you have a building that you would like to select, if you would
like to have some input on the process of selecting a new space, if
you have questions about what spaces we are looking at, if you want to
be informed about meetings that we may have, please let me know. I
have volunteered to be a point of contact for the building search so
that the negotiators can spend their time negotiating. Specific
information about specific buildings WILL NOT be posted to this
mailing list as the business negotiations on those are VERY
sensitive. But that doesn't mean that interested IMC members aren't
allowed to have this information. Just call or email me if you have
questions, concerns, comments, suggestions, input, or poetry.

Our current building is being sold and we are on a month to month
lease. We suspect that we will have to move out within the next 6
months or so.

The new space group is actively seeking a building for the IMC to
purchase. We are also evaluating possible rental options but there's a
strong desire to purchase rather than rent.

We have decided to use the services of a real estate agent (no cost to
us as the commission is paid by the seller) to aid us in our hunt for
a new space.

We are still considering some of the old spaces that you may have
already heard about.

We are working on getting pre-approved for a mortgage so that we know
exactly how much we can offer.

We are considering spaces from 4,000 square feet up to 30,000 square
feet.

We could use some help from folks with some familiarity with real
estate in identifying and evaluating buildings that might be good for
us. So email me with suggestions if you know of any buildings.