[Imc-web] [Fwd: [Imc-staff] The New York Times Syndicate]

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 4 16:07:09 CST 2005

What do people think about this? It really isn't something that was on
the website, it was on the Events list. It is from a post Jenny Stewart
made regarding the opening of the original Back Room, I think. As such,
it more properly belongs in either their pervue, as a Shows issue, or
perhaps Zach's as admin, than Web's.

My own feeling is that it was just something that was quoted somehow. I
don't think Mr. Ivany was even involved (first time I've ever heard of
him) and, as Ms. Wren indicates, the citation "does not directly link
Mr. Ivany to The New York Times Syndicate..."

I wish we had the cash to send people on frivolous snipe hunts like this...

On the other hand, I don't see us as having any responsibility for the
New Your Times' fear of endangering their reputation (which, it seems,
should be far more endangered by their papers's often unblinking and
embarassing stenography to power, like the lead up to the War in Iraq.)

Should we just ignore it, write her back telling her to get over it, or
must we lick the bootheels of the establishment media?