[Imc-web] [Fwd: [Imc-staff] The New York Times Syndicate]

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Fri Feb 4 18:19:20 CST 2005

this is clearly harassment...  here's the context around which the
complaint was filed -- i vote we ignore, it's clearly not something that
requires our energy to correct:

March 8 (Friday)- Charlie King & Karen Brandow

CHARLIE KING and Karen Brandow are a new duo with a long history. Their
repertoire covers a century and a half and three continents. They perform
with the sweet and precise harmonies of life partners. They sing and write
passionately about the extraordinary lives of ordinary people. Their new
duo Appleseed Recording, I STRUCK GOLD, won rave reviews and much radio
airplay: "lively & engaginga wonderful album" All Music Guide: "two voices
that complement each other beautifully & instrumentation that is spare,
acoustic & just right" Victory Music Review. It was selected from all
American releases for inclusion in the John Shelton Ivany Top Twenty-One,
published in 200 national newspapers. Charlie King has been at the heart
of American folk music for over 35 years. His songs have been recorded and
sung by other performers such as Pete Seeger, Holly Near, Ronnie Gilbert,
John McCutcheon, Arlo Guthrie, Peggy Seeger, Chad Mitchell and Judy Small.
Honors include an "Indie" award for one of the top three folk recordings
of 1984. In May of 1998 the War Resisters League gave their Peacemaker
Award to Charlie and to Odetta. Pete Seeger nominated Charlie for the
Sacco-Vanzetti Social Justice Award, which he received in November, 1999.
Charlie has released a dozen solo albums since 1976, three albums with the
touring ensemble Bright Morning Star, and numerous compilation albums with
other artists. Charlie King is a musical storyteller and political
satirist. His central vision as an entertainer is to leave audiences with
a sense of optimism and possibility about the future. "I try to cover a
broad emotional landscape in my concerts. The stories I collect and the
songs I write take the listener on a journey of humor, heartache and hope.
What I most value in a song is the way it helps us see an old reality in a
totally new light." Folk legend Peggy Seeger says, "If we had more Charlie
Kings in the world I'd be less worried," and Tom Paxton adds, "Luckily, we
have him!"

--
Sascha Meinrath
President                 *   Project Coordinator   *   Policy Analyst