[Imc-web] Web Meeting Notes, Feb. 7, 2005

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 7 19:47:22 CST 2005

Attending: Clint, Mike

Mike brought Clint up to date on current interpretation and application
of website editing policy. Discussion centered on possible means to
address some of the problems with Dada that can give a troll the
illusion that they are gaining attention when they've been prohibted
from further using UC IMC.

Although it is uncertain if all the issues can be addressed in the
software, the follwing are things that will looked into:

1. Setting up a private, non-publicly archived email list for Web group
issues that require confidental, non-public discussion when it has been
demonstrated that abusive posters are exploiting our generally open
structure to what they believe is their advantage. This list will not
replace the current Web list, which will continue to be used for all
routine editing issues. [Zach, can you do this? Maybe call it
IMC-Webeditor? Then I will implement it with an invitation to subscribe.]

2. The following page should be taken out of public view so that it does
not encourage continued abusive posting by prohibited users:
http://www.ucimc.org/newswire/deleted/index.php

3. Clint will look into hacking/updating Dada for several reasons, but
with the hope that it will solve some website editing issues that arose
in connection with the "Jack Ryan" phenomenon.