[Imc-web] random emails intended for the IMC

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 11 10:06:33 CST 2005

Emily,
I'm not sure this will help, but we have two known overlapping phenomena
going on. One is that spammers are constantly trying to exploit every
part of the internet by spoofing that their emaol comes from a known
destination in order to get through email filters and the IMC lists are
not immune. The other is that one of our regular trolls has taken to
spoofing email addresses from the IMC-web list in disruptive messages he
sends.

What is interesting is that I haven't noticed the particular email that
you forwarded below being posted to the list, so I'm not really sure
what's up with that.

If you are only ostensibly getting this from the IMC-web list and have
no interest in getting IMC-web email, you can set up most email programs
to dump email addressed that way into your trash file.
Mike Lehman