[Imc-web] Re: Your Off Topic Posts

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 11 17:17:44 CST 2005

Anna,
I am unsure what "commission" you are referring to in this comment you made:

"I can't predict whether I would chose to continue to post my comments
on IMC board or to wait for the upcoming commission, which is fast
coming to investigate the more that unhealthy attitude of this board,
and its more than undemocratic and simply not permissible ways of
editorial handling."

If you are referring to what "BobbyLee," who is in fact Jack Ryan (a
person who is a banned troll on UC IMC), had to say, I can tell you he
is full of crap and not to be believed about anything. He certainly has
no authority to investigate us, even if he had the courage to make his
identity public.

The UC IMC Steering group is the only one that has authority to hear any
complaints you may have. That is why I have invited you to address it a
number of times already and am inviting you again to address it. The
next meeting will be at 8pm on Jan. 20.

You are wrong when you assert that the IMC "...IS PUBLIC DOMAIN, not
PRIVATE DOMAIN..." We are NOT a public or government organization and
your use of the website is subject to the rules we make, not how you
wish they were.

As for written policy, obviously policy has to be written in a general
fashion to cover a wide range of cases. I can tell you, again, that
according to current interpretations of our website policies, you are in
violation, as I have repeatedly told you and as you have just as
repeatedly ignored.

You have concerns about how the policy is applied to others. The
Steering group, again, is who you have to take up your concerns with.
 From what I have seen, there is no one else who has repeatedly and
consistently dissed your posts. It is true that a number of people have
posted various objections which is their right since we allow comments
to every article, but the number of just out and out insults has been
minimal and those who have done so have not made it a practice to post
such comments to each and every one of your posts, which is what you
have been doing that, in fact, violates our policies.

I can also tell you that is is very likely that most of the comments you
most object to, and of which I have even hidden some, were in fact made
by the same Jack Ryan/BobbyLee who you think is supporting you. He is a
troll and your responding to him just encourages him, although his posts
are now deleted when they are observed.

I'll also note here that we usually don't apply our policies, even if
someone obviously violates them in any individual post, unless there is
a clear and consistent pattern of violation. That is why the occasional
violations that you claim others are culpable of do not result in
snactions on them, because they do NOT make a _habit_ of such
violations. Since you HAVE established such a clear and consistent
pattern of violations, despite my repeated warnings about it, that is
why YOU are faced with sanctions. We prefer to be flexible at first, but
if that doesn't bring results, then, yes, we can be harsh and that is
where we are at with you.

I can tell you that people are allowed to object in comments to the
factual errors that your posts are rife with and we will do nothing
about that. Any people who develop a habit, like you have towards many
of our volunteers, of repeatedly posting false and libelous comments
will be treated just the way you are. In most cases, the comments that
you find objectionable are far more truthful than the many baseless
accusations you make against others.
Mike Lehman