[Imc-web] Re: thwarted DoS

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Tue Jul 5 19:34:41 CDT 2005

Alright, this makes things much more clear. I've unbanned your IP
address so you should be able to access the site from home again.

I suspect this may have been a glitch on our server and it only LOOKED
like you were causing the glitch because you clicked a whole bunch of
links at once while the glitch was happening. All the hits coming from
you were a result of the glitch rather than the cause of it.

I'm sorry if my email alarmed you, I really wasn't sure what was going
on. We really don't do much tracking of the accesses that come in, it
was shear luck that I was able to deduce that you'd signed up for the
cprb list from that same computer. Normally when an "attack" comes in
I don't happen to have that much data about it and so I can't contact
the owner of the computer.

Thanks for helping me figure out what was going on.

--
Zachary C. Miller - @= - http://zach.chambana.net/