[Imc-web] Please hide or edit an article.

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 2 18:42:12 CST 2005

OK, this must be the same deal as the vague request we received
yesterday. At that point, "Steve" requested that we remove the entire
story, but gave us no link or other way to identify the story. Given the
strange composition of the email itself and his request that clearly
exceeded what our web policy allows without further substantiation, I
assumed it was some sort of scam and no one else here had any further
comment.

I am personally OK with editing the story to remove the offending name
and replacing it with something like "SB", which would not change the
nature of the original article in a substantive way. Hopefully, this
will satisfy the concerns raised. However, until others have had a
chance to offer their own position on this, I am reluctant to proceed
immediately. If there are no objections, I'll edit the article as I
noted above 36 hours from now, which will also be after a Steering
meeting where this can be discussed. We will notify you whatever we decide.
Mike Lehman
UC IMC