[Imc-web] Books to Prisoners & ucimc.org site

Jay Schubert jay.schubert at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 12:28:08 CDT 2005

To whom it may concern,

I am a member of UC Books to Prisoners and administrator of
books2prisoner.org <http://books2prisoner.org> (a.k.a.
bookstoprisoners.ucimc.org <http://bookstoprisoners.ucimc.org>). We are a
project of the library working group, though lately have been the only
functional library project (though this will hopefully change soon).

Due to the fact that Books to Prisoners has become a very active and visible
group (with more than 10 core members who meet every week!), and that we
have begun several outreach programs which attract new people to the IMC, we
would like to have our own link on UCIMC.org (next to library). Currently
the only way for people to find info on BTP via ucimc.org
<http://ucimc.org>is by way of the link burried 2/3 of the way down
the (outdated) library
page.

Can we please add the link "Books to Prisoners" to the top navigation on
UCIMC.org, which points to http://www.books2prisoners.org ?

btw - I would also be willing to take responsibility for administration of
the library page and hopefully orienting and then passing the task-off to a
dedicated librarian, as soon as we find one. I would just need the FTP
details.

thanks,
Jay Schubert