[Imc-web] Email and imsahp Tue Aug 22 10:42 CDT reboot

Daniel Lewart lewart at ucimc.org
Tue Aug 22 15:01:46 CDT 2006

UCIMC Tech and Web,

This morning I found that despite relatively low load averages, email
delays were intolerable, so I rebooted imsahp at Tue Aug 22 10:42 CDT.

Some old email has been dribbling though, but there is still a
considerable backlog.  I had noticed a sudden increase in 50K-70K spam
to my moderated lists recently.

I'm worried that spam is killing imsahp.  Here are two solutions:
  1) Put a spam/virus filtering machine in front of imsahp
  2) Discard anything greater than a particular size (e.g. 20K)
Obviously, there are others.

Good luck!
Dan
lewart at ucimc.org