[Imc-web] Email and imsahp Tue Aug 22 10:42 CDT reboot

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 22 23:46:21 CDT 2006

Hi Dan,
I ended up with messages on a few lists that were more than a week old.

What may be part of the problem is that I've found that many of the
lists I'm on have had sporadic admining lately. For the lists that I get
admin notices for, I try to keep regularly cleared out. I know that many
of the lists I have admin access to, but am not listed as an admin, have
ended up with very extensive backlogs consisting mainly of spam.

It may just be the August slump for admins, but I have to say that after
a year when the lists I admin have seen steadily building amounts of
spam getting stuck in moderation, maybe many of those admining other
imsahp lists have started to simply ignore the lists and let the
backlogs grow. It is disocuraging to log in, after ignoring all those
notices, and find hundreds of spams to dump. Maybe that's part of the
issue, but since I'm mostly clueless when it comes to such network
stuff, maybe I'm just throwing out a red herring and all the crap stuck
in moderation has no effect on things, except psychologically for those
who are listed as admins.

In any case, the spam has steadily become more of an issue in terms of
the time I spend dealing with it. If drastic measures are needed to get
things under control, then I'm in support of doing what we gotta do to
take the server back from the byte-criminals.
Mike Lehman