[IMC-Tech] Re: [Imc-web] Email and imsahp Tue Aug 22 10:42 CDT reboot

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Wed Aug 23 08:51:32 CDT 2006

I believe that imsahp email is still routed through an outside system
(Dan's electric-pickle). If we are seeing massive mail delays it may
possibly be due to a problem with that machine rather than a problem
with imsahp.

There is currently a 100 message sending backlog (mailq) on imsahp
which is fairly unusual (especially with offsite relaying).

Mail stuck in mailman moderation queues is very likely NOT the cause
of the problem. Once it's in the queue it shouldn't cause any delays.
Incoming new spam may be the problem. Other things may be the problem.
I hope that other root folks on imsahp can investigate this as I'm
basically completely unavailable until after September 8th.