[Imc-web] Re: Your IMC website article has been deleted

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 30 18:42:24 CDT 2006

I hid this story on the basis of it sounding a lot like something DAN
would leave, specifically, the use of such terminology as
"NEOCON/ZIONIST" among other things. However, even assuming this is not
DAN's work, it's clear that there are some legal and/or other IMC policy
issues with the accusations being made against at least one person in
the post and what seems to be a disguised effort at using Indymedia to
advertise.

And one has to wonder about the need to cc a message to an IMC to Pat
Fitzgerald, the US Marshalls, and the "International Courts".

I may have made a decision for the wrong reason, but I think that the
other issues with the story really put it into the Bobby Meade category.
Googling around, it seems like Mr. Fisher recently began using Indymedia
in a few locations that seems to be rapidly expanding as he finds more
place to post what seems to be a rapidly developing conspiracy theory.

If you go to the web page linked, you're immediately hit with a donation
button where:

"Donations pay for the whistleblower's food, clothes and medicine since
he has epilepsy. They also go to pay for the food and living
arrangements of any whistleblower who has joined our coalition. Please
take just a minute out of your day. Your support is appreciated. All
donations are accepted via paypal."

I really would prefer not to encourage a growing pattern of abuse of
Indymedia to beg, flame probably undeserving private individuals, etc by
unhiding it, but I'll defer to what others think if they feel it should
be unhidden. Any comments?
Mike Lehman