[Imc-web] Re: Give it up Pat N.

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 18 09:45:23 CST 2006

Mr. Anderson,
There is absolutely no need to cc me copies of your diatribes. I'm fully
aware of the nature of your replies to Pat.

Despite my warning to stick to arguing the facts in your replies to him,
you seem to be unable to comport your dialogue in a respectful manner.
Please do not post anything else that invoke's Pat's name (i.e. don't
even mention it), blames him for his firing (of which you can't possibly
have first-hand knowledge), or otherwise "calls him out."

While your two posts over last night continue to violate our website use
policy, I have refrained from hiding them for the time being. Please
read our website use policy, if you haven't already:
http://www.ucimc.org/mod/info/display/policy/index.php

In particular, I call your attention to this part of the policy:

"Off-Topic Posts - this is perhaps the most difficult category of
inappropriate posts to judge, since the IMC Newswire intends to be a
forum that is open to a broad range of topics and ideas. Nonetheless
there are posts that are baldly and clearly inappropriate, whose purpose
seems clearly to be other than informing, educating or adding to a
public discourse. In the worst cases their appearance on the IMC
Newswire may indeed discourage other visitors from using the site.
Isolated posts are typically not problematic, and so the problem of
off-topic posts is usually related to flooding or spamming. Therefore
the frequency of off-topic posts of a particular type should be
considered when deciding whether to hide them."

Given the repetitive nature of your flamebaiting and Pat's fortitude in
failing to respond to it, I believe that the pattern of your posts
allows me to interpret them as fitting the pattern of being off-topic,
i.e. "whose purpose seems clearly to be other than informing, educating
or adding to a public discourse." Unless you stick to dealing with the
subject matter at hand and refrain from engaging in the rather
aggressive manner with Pat personally you have demonstrated so far, any
future posts containing material of this nature will be hidden.

Please also note that the nature of your engagements with Pat in other
forums are irrelevant here, except in assessing how the postings here
fit an established pattern of abuse that has migrated here from
elsewhere. Take your complaints about Yahoo, etc there.
Mike Lehman