[Imc-web] request for feature status on IMC home page

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sun May 7 01:31:55 CDT 2006

Hi Randall,
The article does have a number of qualities that make it a viable
feature. As both a news organization and a 501c3, I think we have wide
latitude to publish the news as we see fit.

The problem I see is in publishing as a feature something quite
literally called a "call to action." As you know, this is what triggers
various issues if you're a community or public broadcaster, although I'm
certain we can't really draw an exact analogy here, nor should we.
However, I think I'd prefer to stay in the safe grey area here and make
it a feature if we can somehow come up with a different title less
likely to cause future problems. I'm not a lawyer, but I would prefer
not to make a Feature of something which someone with an ax to grind
could make an issue over.
Mike Lehman