[Imc-web] Fwd: change of syndication feed at UCIMC

David Gehrig gehrigspamtrap at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 13:47:37 CDT 2006

Techfolk --

I've sent this to imc-tech at ilists.indymedia.org; at the moment, the
post is in moderation; I'll let you know what the response is when
we've got it.

We've had a really good string of features lately, and I'd like to
be able to share that with the rest of the network.

We had a request for including the whole text of feature stories
as part of the RSS feed, which it now does.  I hope that this
doesn't cause problems with the RSS accumulators at indymedia.org
and indymedia.us; if it does, then I'll turn it off again.

There are drupal modules which offer the possibility of finer
control of RSS feeds, but I'm not exactly sure what that means
yet, not having yet played with them.

I should also mention one thing that I don't consider resolved yet,
which is that the RSS feed apparently syndicates ALL the feature
stories, not just the X most recent ones; it's not a problem yet,
but I'll need to find a way to keep it from becoming a problem
as we keep adding more feature stories.  It won't hurt anything
to leave it as it is, except that the size of the rss.xml file will
keep getting bigger and bigger as it includes the full text of every
story ever featured on the Drupal site.  This is going to be what
makes me take a closer look at the various rss modules in
drupal.

One other thing -- I'd like to set up (at sascha's suggestion) a
page that acts as an accumulator for various local blogs.
It would be a sort of community blog page.

http://www.ucimc.org/blogwire

The problem is, at the moment, I've only got Sascha's blog.  Any
recommendation for other blogs to add to this?