[Imc-web] Re: [IMC-Tech] Shutting Down Comments or the Site Until New Site is Live

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 17 14:52:03 CDT 2006

OK, I'm pretty confused about things in general these days after the
trauma of last week's prelim.
;>)

I would say to go ahead an put the imc-web list on moderate, as long as
you're still getting daily notices to check it for anything that might
happen to come in that is legit. I know the email lists are pretty much
a mess these days, too. The blacklists are just not keeping up, even
though I've been skimming new additions as I find them and sending them
to Dan to add into them.

My concern on the website is that we've been getting so much adcrap
there that it has been hard to get into the site to delete it. It may
actually be the combination of that and the continued massive spamming
of imsahp is just slowing access down for everything at the IMC. In the
case of the website, once it gets so that we can no longer effectively
admin it, we are going to have to pull the plug, as the usual crowd will
next be dancing around claiming our "corporate" lifestyle now includes
hosting ads. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but it -- both the website
and the email spam -- has gotten rather unmanageable.
Mike Lehman