[Imc-web] UCIMC Editorial Policy

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 7 12:28:22 CDT 2007

Implicit threats are those that imply something to the effect, "I know
who you are, I know where you go, I know what you do..."

Starting with your screen name, it seems like a very bad habit that
you've engaged in. Since you've implicitly acknowledged that what I
suspected about your screen name -- Bearded-Model-Train-Lover -- is
basically what you intended, I'll leave that aside and move on to the
related postings re Brian D. and myself -- for instance "I saw ML at
Schnuck's" in carrying on your conversation in comments with your
anonymous "friend."

I've had unfortunate experiences over the years of dealing with a range
of people from two-bit punks to death squads. Most likely you're simply
an obsessive punk, as most trolls on UC IMC are, but hey, I'm going to
respond with what I feel is an appropriate level of force to deal with
your implications that you're stalking various people associated with UC
IMC. Since I don't know your purpose as being anything other than
attacking users at UC IMC, it's possible that you intend to escalate and
that your use of "I know who you are, I know where you go, I know what
you do..." is just the next step. In any case, the very fact that you
felt this was somehow appropriate behavior and are now pleading
ignorance is just not credible. Such crap will not be ignored here, as
we have a very clear policy about threats not being permitted on UC IMC.

BTW, the rigor of your avowed principles is thrown into question when
you basically come here to insist that people must always respect
authority and then hypocritically insist that you'll be the one to pick
and choose whose authority you'll give credence to here at UC IMC.
Decisions on our editorial policy rests with our membership, not some
trolls who insist on their right to act out their anxieties through
abusive behavior on UC IMC because they fear that some people, somewhere
think differently than they and the dominant media do and are willing to
post about it.
Mike Lehman