[Imc-web] Can IMC users post to ucimc.org "upcoming events"? Or, other ways to post a calendar?

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 27 11:10:45 CDT 2007

Stuart,
I can answer the question that is about our web editing policies. The
other part if over my head, as I am just an editor, not a techie.

The Upcoming Events newswire is intended precisely for advertising event
announcements. It is a resource that is somewhat limited, in that we
have it set to allow 5 entries before the older ones scroll off the
page. As part of our editing protocols, we generally add the date to the
front of the title, if those posting do not, to make it more useful to
readers.

All you need to do to use it is follow the "Publish!" link, then at the
publish page, select "Story," then select the "Time and Date of Event"
option when posting. This will then place the announcement into
"Upcoming Events." If we see what is obviously a local event
announcement posted elsewhere, we typically move it up to there, in case
someone forgets to classify it properly when posted.

Please feel free to post your event announcements there, as this is what
it's intended for.
Mike Lehman