[Imc-web] Re: [Imc-staff] remove article!

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 9 17:07:18 CST 2007

Dear Ms. Pippow,
My apologies, for the incorrect link. The one you posted is the correct
one. My computer was having some issues this morning and wouldn't
cut-and-paste, so I did it manually and entered the incorrect article
number.

I am not sure what press laws are like in Germany. I lived there once
for over 3 years, but was too young to really pay attention to such
things. However, in general, I am aware that there are some differences.

In the US, generally when you speak with a journalist, they may quote
you as they desire. They may not substantially misrepresent what you
said, but they are allowed to edit it as they see fit. This is because
of the First Amendment to the US Constitution, among other reasons.

You have not indicated that Ms. Doggett misrepresented or misquoted you.
You simply want your "name off the internet" which is a pretty difficult
thing to do, whether or not Ms. Doggett is able to respond and assist
you. However, as I stated, in the absence of communication from the
author, unless there is some violation of our website use policies
(which does not appear to be the case here), we do not alter the content
of an author's work.
Mike Lehman
UC IMC Website Editor