[Imc-web] web pg down

Josh King josh at ucimc.org
Thu Nov 1 13:31:04 CDT 2007

The site isn't actually down. It seems as if recent high load on our
webserver is causing a resource shortage which is causing our automated
backups to bog everything down. I think processing time for page
requests is so high that connections are being dropped. Dan and I have
been talking over a couple of options, but for right now I'm going to
kill the automated backup and restart the web services, which should
hopefully bring the load back down. Of course, if there are also Insight
issues involved, I don't know how much it'll help.