[Imc-web] Major IMC Site Upgrade

Josh King josh at ucimc.org
Sat Oct 25 01:10:08 CDT 2008

Hi everyone,

It took me longer than I thought to get the hidden comments working
properly again, but the IMC site is finally upgraded now to Drupal 6.6.
I tried to retain a lot of the look and feel of the old site (redesign
will come later) but there are still quite a few changes to layout and
functionality. For editors, hidden stories and comments are now not just
unpublished, but are also managed in their own menu that can be accessed
on the left. It's possible to define multiple different reasons for
hiding posts that can be selected when a post is hidden, as well as a
space for additional public and private comments. There is also a
separate system for spam reporting, so it's possible for people to
report spam or identify posts for hiding due to policy violations, and
for them to show up in their own separate categories for management.
Editors and admins will also find a new administration drop-down menu at
the top of the page, for easy access to common settings. Anonymous
commenting is back up, and CAPTCHAs are engaged (though only math
CAPTCHAs so far, as there's a bug I'm still identifying with the image
ones). There are other cool things I'm still fiddling with, but I've
been working on the migration for almost two days solid so I'm going to
go to bed ;)

Anyone should feel free to report bugs, problems (of which I'm sure
there will be a few) and suggested changes to me (of which I'm sure
there will be none, because my choices are all perfect,
right?...right?), and I'll be adding admin privileges and shell accounts
to whomever needs them. Enjoy!
--
Josh King