[Imc-web] Image as Spam Target, Numeric Captchas

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 17 20:37:38 CST 2009

We've been getting spam ads that use an existing image on the website as
a target. The one I just dealt with is here:
http://www.ucimc.org/node/4028/edit

This is about half a dozen so far today. They've all used a graph
detailing racial disparities in traffic stops. Obviously, I don't want
to delete the image, but I wonder if we can lock that thread or something?

Another factor may be the current captcha scheme. I understand it's
probably only a temporary thing until we can get something else that
agrees with the current drupal build. However, this captcha scheme is
know to be inadequate, based on prior experience. Again, I'm not sure if
this is part of the problem with the image above. It can be dealt with
manually for now, but will need to be addressed when a fix is available.