[Imc-web] Share-a-Meal - Join us for dinner March 10th

Nicole Pion nicole.pion at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 16:00:33 CST 2009

Hello IMC fans -
I wanted to let you know about the Community Shares Share-a-Meal event on
March 10th.  Community Shares of Illinois is a non-profit organization
representing more than 80 charities statewide - the UCIMC is one of these
charities.  Community Shares is partnering with restaurants across Illinois
to offer the *6th Annual Share-A-Meal *event. This is an opportunity for
family or friends to have a great meal and give back to the community.  All
you need to do is enjoy a meal at a participating local restaurant: Luna in
Downtown Champaign, Siam Terrace in Downtown Urbana and Kennedy’s at Stone
Creek.  These local restaurants have agreed to contribute a portion of all
meal sales (from March 10th) to Community Shares.  Your contribution can go
to Community Shares or you can specify that you would like it to go to the
IMC. For more information visit www.share-a-meal.org

On behalf of the UCIMC, I will be hosting Siam Terrace's dinner and I'd love
to have some volunteers from the IMC with me.  This will be a great
opportunity to talk to a lot of different people about the IMC and your work
here.  Please let me know if you are interested - I'll be there from 4pm -
10pm and if you'd like to join me for a while, I'd welcome the company.  Or,
just gather up your friends and come out for a nice dinner in support of the
IMC!

Thanks,
Nicole
--