[Imc-web] featured announcements

Josh King josh at ucimc.org
Tue Feb 9 20:57:16 CST 2010

We've got a few different options for the feed. We could exempt sticky
items, or all stories tagged as events. However, that would keep people
who follow our RSS feed from ever seeing those things. Probably the best
option in the long term would be to create an additional RSS feed at a
different URL that filters out events and/or stickies and ask IMC-US to
follow that.

You can find reference to "Sticky at Top of Lists" in two places. One is
under 'Publishing options' near the bottom of the page when you're
creating a story (if you're logged in as an editor when you're creating
it). The other is in the content editing interface, which I think is
what Mike is talking about, at
http://ucimc.org/admin/content/node/overview where there's a dropdown
menu under 'Update options.'

Sticky is used in some lists of content to keep important content at the
top of the list despite the normal sort order. In the case of our site,
it would keep a featured article at the top of the list of features when
the normal addition of newer articles would normally push it down the
list. I believe only featured articles can be sticky in the place that
Mike is referring to, so I don't think sticky articles are exempt from
the feed.

Does that make sense?

- --
Josh King