[Imc-web] [IMC] question

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 4 12:39:59 CST 2010

I did check to see if there were hidden comments. It's true that if you
are a registered user and there are hidden comments, you do need to be
logged in and enable the view for hidden comments to make them visible,
but I saw none associated with this article. Perhaps someone else in our
Tech or Web groups might be able to shed more light on this.
Mike

Mary Liz Thomson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well, maybe.  I do see that it says there are 6 comments associated
> with my article, and I don't see on the page where to click and see
> them.  Maybe I need to be a signed in member?
>
> Thanks so much for responding!  I like your site!  :)
>
> Mary Liz
>
> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Mike Lehman <rebelmike at earthlink.net
> <mailto:rebelmike at earthlink.net>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Ms. Thomson.
>     I'm an editor on the site. I suspect what it is is that spammed
>     ads have been posted. Since we delete these as a matter of policy
>     to discourage such postings, they have probably been deleted in
>     between the time the google alert was generated and you receive it
>     and return to the article to try to read them.
>
>     I don't recall these being associated specifically with your
>     article, but since we often get these in batches targeted at a
>     dozen or more articles, but with the same exact comment title, we
>     simply delete them en masse.
>     Mike Lehman
>
>     Mary Liz Thomson wrote:
>
>         Hi,
>
>         Some one posted an article of mine on your website a few years
>         ago, and I still get google alerts when someone makes a
>         comment on it.  But when I go to your site I can't seem to see
>         what the comments are.  I would just love to read them, can
>         you help?
>         Recent comments | UC-IMC
>         <http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=http://ucimc.org/comments/recent%3Fpage%3D206&ct=ga&cd=kKSPitEJS34&usg=AFQjCNE56zOnga5hTAGQ2j_xCEvFv0XGyw
>         <http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=http://ucimc.org/comments/recent%3Fpage%3D206&ct=ga&cd=kKSPitEJS34&usg=AFQjCNE56zOnga5hTAGQ2j_xCEvFv0XGyw>>
>

>         Ripping Off A Democracy Is As Old As Ancient Athens by *Mary
>         Liz Thomson* Part of the American psyche *....* *Mary Liz
>         Thomson* lives in North Hollywood, CA. *...
>

>         Thanks so much!
>

>         Mary Liz Thomson*
>

>         --
>         This message has been scanned for viruses and
>         dangerous content by *MailScanner*
>         <http://www.mailscanner.info/>, and is
>
>         believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.