[Imc-web] hidden posts and cops

Brian Dolinar briandolinar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 10:06:54 CST 2011

Hey all,

I just got back from a court hearing in the case of Lisa Staples,
ex-champaign cop who caught a second DUI.
Looking back through my initial story on her first DUI I noticed two
comments that were hidden reporting the second incident:

---
http://ucimc.org/content/police-reports-obtained-lisa-staples-dui-incident

This lady just hit my sister.  She ran her off the road at 90 MPH and caused
my sisters jeep to flip 4 times.  ETM's said that my sister would have been
dead if she was in any other type of car. F her.

Last night December 20, 2010  Staples hit a a car with two teenage girls. We
are fortunate that they were not serious hurt but the jeep they were riding
in flipped 4 times. Stapes was driving 80-90 miles an hour while under the
influence and struck the girls car.  They let her go in the morning with $
100 dollars and her drivers license confiscated. When is she going to be
stopped? When she kills your loved one. Enough already.
---

The incident was reported a week letter in the News-Gazette confirming the
second DUI.
I understand the concern that we could be held libel, but I don't see how we
can get hit on anonymous comments.
There was another report of another cop getting off on a DUI in the last
week that is entirely different from the Staples case.
At first glance, it looks like both these reports have been truthful.
I think we should be more trusting of our readers in the future.
Looks like ucimc.org is becoming a posting board for incidents with the
police.
Unfortunately, I don't have the time to track all these cases down.

BD
--
Brian Dolinar, Ph.D.
303 W. Locust St.