[Imcfest-volunteers] Update...

dan blah blah at chambana.net
Thu Oct 25 15:29:27 CDT 2007

Hey all,

2 WEEKS TO GO!!!

Check out http://shows.ucimc.org/imcfest/media for all print/radio ads
that we have produced... for the most part this will likely be it.

Thanks to a hook up we have a lot of 11x17 posters to hang up between
now and the end of the weekend.  Downtown Champaign and Urbana ought to
be covered in the next couple days and campus by the end of the weekend.

There will be a quick shows meeting tonight at 7PM which will be folded
into an IMCfest meeting.  Come check out the new stage, help us figure
out how we are going to fit 36 bands into the place, learn how to do
sound, sign up on the volunteer list, or hang out and call us all names.
 I would encourage anyone and everyone to try and make either this
meeting or next weeks (we meet every Thursday at 7PM in the main space)
or any of the below meetings if you want to get involved.

Jess (Art Coordinator), the various artists, and I will be meeting
tomorrow evening at 5PM to run over any installation issues and
schedule.  Any and all are more than welcome to attend.

I *really* need help from a couple people in updating the website to
include band bios a week ago.  If anyone would like to help me with this
let me know and I will set you up as an editor on the pages that we
decide are best.

If you want to volunteer visit
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=polqEyzN_KNXDapojCXazNg&hl=en and
put your name in the desired slots.  Don't forget to fill out the
personal info on the second tab including phone, email, and t-shirt size
(in case we get staff shirts).  For everyone who is going to ask... a
roamer is a person who roams randomly around the main space looking for
trouble.

Either this Wednesday and/or next Wednesday (the Wednesday before the
IMCfest) I would like to line up a couple bands for the Stage Crew,
Stage Managers, and Sound Techs to practice with.  Anyone in a band that
can come practice on and awesome sound system for a couple hours?  More
than one band would be cool.

Hey video guys (Phil, Chris, Harsh)!  When do you all want to get
together in the next week to talk about what we are going to do?  The
sooner the better... in case we need to check stuff out from the various
places we can all check stuff out from :)

Am I missing anything?  Reply to the list if I am...

Are we there yet,
--
Daniel