[Newspoetry] poem!

auntbarb at shout.net auntbarb at shout.net
Thu Aug 12 17:57:17 CDT 1999

DESPERATELY SEEKING

Disgusted public seeking honest, reliable hard-working public official(s)
for local/state/regional/national decision-making.  Gender/age/race/sexual
orientation unimportant.  Desire/ability to truly represent the interests
of your constituents a must.  Other "musts" include: ability to achieve
goals without compromising the public interest (including but not limited
to enviornmental degradation, creation of living-wage as opposed to
minimum-wage jobs, and avoiding legislation that costs a lot of money but
does nothing for the public good); intolerance and non-practice of
discrimination based on race, gender, tax bracket, sexual
orientation, or anything else; ability to stand up to corporate and/or
military interests; ability to raise funds in a fair and open manner; and
ability to answer questions from the public HONESTLY, not in some garbled
set of meaningless words that you keep in the back of your head in case
someone asks you a question.  We don't care what you've snorted, who
you've slept with, if you believe in any kind of deity, or what prep
school you went to.  This is entirely unimportant.  Honestly.  We don't
know who's getting paid to try and get us to think that this stuff is, but
we question their sense of reality.  If you think that you fit this
description, give us a call.  We're waiting!