[Newspoetry] Clinton Offers Clemency

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 13 00:34:09 CDT 1999

Comrades,
Pres. Clinton has offered clemency to 16 of the Puerto Rican POWs.
<http://www7.mercurycenter.com/premium/nation/docs/prico12.htm>
I think this is an offer that should be accepted, to free these comrades
from the unjust sentences, but it doesn't address more recent
injustices, such as the imprisonment of Dr. Jose Solis Jordan.
<http://www.defendsolis.org/>
I wish to thank Mark Enslin for giving me a heads up on this situation.
It still isn't clear that the offer will be accepted, but I'm sure we
will stand with it.  There has been next to nothing in the news about
this, so if anyone can come up with more on it, please keep us posted.
Comrade Mike