[Newspoetry] Jackson Calls for End to Bombing of Puerto Rico

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 13 03:11:40 CDT 1999

<http://news.lycos.com/stories/Politics/19990812RTPOLITICS-PUERTORICO-JACKSON.asp>

It's kind of long, so you may have to cut and paste the URL.
Of course, oponions will vary on the issue of Vieques.
<http://www.vieques-island.com/>

> So that you do not experience cultural shock, this is a summary
>                 of what you will and will not see in Vieques. You will see loose
>                 farm animals crossing the roads, they could be chicken, cows or
>                 horses. You will be awaken by the sound of singing roosters at
>                 dawn unless your room has A/C. You will not see any traffic
>                 lights, McDonald's, or T-shirt-shop-laden-street.

Underdevelopment does have certain benefits.  It is interesting that you
have to go through about twenty URLs before you begin to get to the real
truth about the
island.<http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/43/023.html>
Not to give the first site we visted a unfair set up.
<http://www.vieques-island.com/hisindx.html>
This does have a pretty fair range of history.  You should, however,
start paying close attention to things that are done in your name, and
with your tax dollars.
Besides, a friend of mine has been unjustly imprisoned for his part in
fighting to free his homeland.
<http://www.defendsolis.org/>
I know I've mentioned Joses's case before.  It is both  real and tragic.

Do what you can to help.
A follow up to the previous message.
Comrade Mike