[Newspoetry] Re: A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 25 00:27:14 CDT 1999

Golly,
I think you're getting old, but you shouldn't let it get to you.

Nah, just kidding.  Actually, I wasn't looking forward to getting plastered
AND being the master of ceremonies.  I'll probably just study all weekend.

If you really want to have a party, we, of course, still could.  A keg 'o
Becks would run about $60-70 and I would be willing to split it with you.
The cost that is; I think that even we would need some help to actually split
drinking it, even with backup from the Unknown beer tasting team.  Maybe it
would be better to wait for a more propitious time, like Y2k, but that might
make getting the deposit on the keg back a little difficult...

BTW, you can get to newspoetry.com from Parkland.  I took pride in doing it
today in my Accelerated Composition class.  I also mentiond the site in class
and invited submissions.

My teacher is an Irishman, name 'o Seamus Reilly.  Went to Dublin U and has a
Ph.D. after writing a dissertation on Joyce.  He also is a high school soccer
coach and he said one thing that he found unique about the US was the hot
food at football games.  I supposed that is as opposed to beer at football
games, which is perhaps what he is used to having and was, maybe, pining for
and, if so, I must say I agree.  He seems like a pretty OK guy and is into
deconstructing advertising.

Maybe we should put together something, with the specific idea of recording
it, at some future date when you're more in the mood.  A little less of a
wild party and a little more of an Unknown feature video or something, like
maybe a Y2k piece or something like was mentioned earlier. We could rent or
borrow a videocamera and I have a great set right here to work with.