[Newspoetry] Re: A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall

Bill Wendling wendling at ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 25 00:27:19 CDT 1999

How about a veggie-dog roast!

It's becoming that season (or, at least, it feels like it). I could help
drain the Beck's, if you twist my arm :).

Electrons spontaneously assembled to spell out:
} Golly,
} I think you're getting old, but you shouldn't let it get to you.
}
} Nah, just kidding.  Actually, I wasn't looking forward to getting plastered
} AND being the master of ceremonies.  I'll probably just study all weekend.
}
} If you really want to have a party, we, of course, still could.  A keg 'o
} Becks would run about $60-70 and I would be willing to split it with you.
} The cost that is; I think that even we would need some help to actually split
} drinking it, even with backup from the Unknown beer tasting team.  Maybe it
} would be better to wait for a more propitious time, like Y2k, but that might
} make getting the deposit on the keg back a little difficult...
}
} BTW, you can get to newspoetry.com from Parkland.  I took pride in doing it
} today in my Accelerated Composition class.  I also mentiond the site in class
} and invited submissions.
}
} My teacher is an Irishman, name 'o Seamus Reilly.  Went to Dublin U and has a
} Ph.D. after writing a dissertation on Joyce.  He also is a high school soccer
} coach and he said one thing that he found unique about the US was the hot
} food at football games.  I supposed that is as opposed to beer at football
} games, which is perhaps what he is used to having and was, maybe, pining for
} and, if so, I must say I agree.  He seems like a pretty OK guy and is into
} deconstructing advertising.
}
} Maybe we should put together something, with the specific idea of recording
} it, at some future date when you're more in the mood.  A little less of a
} wild party and a little more of an Unknown feature video or something, like
} maybe a Y2k piece or something like was mentioned earlier. We could rent or
} borrow a videocamera and I have a great set right here to work with.
} M
}
} gillespie william k wrote:
}
} > Labor Day weekend I'm going to be out of town.
} >
} > I'm not feeling very sociable about my birthday so a party would need a
} > different premise.
} >
} > If you want to have a labor day party the weekend I'm gone I won't mind.
} >
} > Otherwise I can do it the week after.
}
}
} Newspoetry maillist  -  Newspoetry at ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu