[Newspoetry] Supervalu Picket Sunday 2-5pm!

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Thu May 13 21:12:52 CDT 1999

The Supervalu drivers, mechanics and others will be holding an
informational picket on Sunday, May 16 from 2-5pm at the warehouse on
North Lincoln Ave, just past I-74.  Park in the lot at the Urbana Garden

and walk across the interstate bridge to join us if you drive, as no
parking is available at the Supervalu gate.

May 15 was supposed to be our last day at work, but since their original

plans have blown up in their faces due to the fact that most
truckdrivers have refused to buy one of Supervalu's old trucks and
become an owner-operator, May 16 will only be the first day that the few

scab drivers they have managed to get will show up to pull loads.  Many
of us will be staying for another two weeks or possibly longer since the

company is having trouble coming up with enough low budget help to
implement the out sourcing of our jobs at this time.

This being UI graduation day, we plan to take our message to all the
folks in town for that event by making sure those leaving town take this

message back to Supervalu's other market areas.  We hope you can attend
and help us expand the pickets from the front gate to south across I-74!

For further info contact me via e-mail or at 344-5609.
Comrade Mike