[Newspoetry] New On-line Political Song Archive (fwd)

chyn at onthejob.net chyn at onthejob.net
Sat Oct 2 11:29:59 CDT 1999

...A word from the ATERTY listserve...

Z Magazine has just established an archive of political songs, some very
contemporary.  All have lyrics and some have links to audio clips.

It's at:
http://www.zmag.org/songarchive.htm.  The Leonard Cohen lyric
"Democracy" was especially good.  And it's always good to be reminded of
all those great Dylan lyrics, like "Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall."

...Also a word from MIchael Albert about East Timor resources ...

Second, regarding East Timor, among other essays and links recently added to
ZNet is one by Noam Chomsky (Sept 27) contextualizing and discerning major
lessons from the recent events. It is at
http://www.zmag.org/CrisesCurEvts/Timor/etretrospective.htm.

...and Global Economy talk ...

Third, we have added many new components, pages, etc., as usual, since last
message, but I would like to draw your special attention to our new quite
extensive Global Economics subsite, particularly geared to the coming
WTO-related demonstrations in Seattle, Washington. The subsite, with
instructionals, interviews, essays, and links to other sites as well is at:
http://www.zmag.org/CrisesCurEvts/Globalism/GlobalEcon.htm.
If you can find some time, give this some attention. The Nov/Dec Seattle
demonstrations promise to be some of the most important in the U.S. of the
last decade, at least...

--danielle