[Newspoetry] more whatnot

auntbarb at onthejob.net auntbarb at onthejob.net
Sat Oct 2 13:04:31 CDT 1999

Hey ya'll,
	There seem to be a lot of ideas on how to perform this reading, which
is great.  There's one more limitation (other than space and time) to keep in
mind here, and that's noise.  If it is decided that we're going to do something
that involves a lot of commotion, then we need to keep the noise level down, and we can definately perform commotion without a lot of noise.  If it's too loud, then we're going to alienate non-newspoetry customers, and we won't be allowed
to try this there again.  I've seen it happen with a trombone player who doesn'tunderstand any volume level than double forte; everyone left because he was too
loud.  So please keep in mind that this is a small cinder-block building, and
that that does have limitations we wouldn't otherwise have.
	I propose that some of us meet there and talk about it so that we're
actually looking at the space itself.
-Anne