[Newspoetry] Performance Meeting Notes

gillespie william k gillespi at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 6 10:43:57 CDT 1999

Here are scribblings from yesterday's Betsyworld Summit:
Please add/edit/comment.

Would anybody be interested in having a meeting to fine-tune our plans in
the early evening next week? Also to rehearse songs and poems with
more than one voice? Staging even? What days work/don't? They're all the
same to me.

Tech considerations:

Will Kord be available/interested?
Recording audio and video separately...
Should we attempt a converting-video-to-realmedia runthrough to make sure
we know what we're doing?

Crazy Ideas: Have a halogen lamp / overhead projector outside to project
images/shadows on the window behind the performers, like the screen that
appears behind newscasters...

Easy ideas: Have Mike's big old-fashioned typewriter onstage

Print out indices by title, form, so people can call out for poems...

Partial Tentative Setlist:

DC
"and you arrive..."
The Week the News was Put in Prison
Dec 95 Pome

PK
"Political Poetry"
"Walmart Anthem" w/piano!
"If I had a Pencil"

AB
"Colonel's Wife..."
Betsy Poetry

ML
"RE: Suckers!"

WG
Explains the history of Newspoetry and how we leveraged the Internet with
Passive Income Generators to ensure a revenue stream and then went public
with our IPO...
"Ventriloquist's Administration"
Locker Room Scene w/ DC

Other Songs: