[Newspoetry] tech rehearsal Wednesday night?

gillespie william k gillespi at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Thu Oct 7 11:28:25 CDT 1999

Brian, and anybody else interested in the digital mechanics of this, how
would you like to get together at OJC with Kord's videorecorder Wednesday
at 6 or 7 and just try to videotape things and encode them and put them on
the Web so as to run through the whole procedure and make sure all the
pieces of the puzzle are there, figure out videorecording techniques (it
was mentioned that closeups are key as distortion is a factor), figure out
how we're doing audio, etcetera etcetera. Perhaps we can videotape someone
reading a recent poem and go through all thr troubole of adding 2 minutes
of video to the site...

And perhaps Thursday would be a good night to try performance rehrearsals
for those who want... Songs and staging... Maybe with a trip to Sweet
Betsy's for dinner...

> I'm still unsure which we should use.  Which'll be more important for this
> web site, time or quality?

All other factors being equal, I'd steer toward quality over download
time. I suspect there are a great many factors however.

And who's actually gonna be designing this
> page, do ya know?

I'm the default, but if you want to work on it that'd be peachy with me.

William