[Newspoetry] tech rehearsal Wednesday night?

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Oct 7 11:36:30 CDT 1999

Wednesday's not good for me, but I may not have to be there b/c once
you encode something in realvideo or quicktime it's trivial to put it
on the web.  I have my realserver running so I can stream realvideo,
and AFAIK quicktime will stream from ordinary web servers.

IMO the download time / quality issue is moot for streaming video,
because there is no such thing as high-quality streaming video over
modems.  The bandwidth just isn't there.  For non-streaming video, the
sky's the limit in terms of quality, but unless somebody already knows
they want to watch a clip, it's usually not worth waiting for it to
download to check it out.