[Newspoetry] Revised setlist in progress

Paul Kotheimer herringb at prairienet.org
Mon Oct 11 14:43:35 CDT 1999

hi all,

one thing i'd like to suggest is that musical numbers--of which, so far,
i am the only "FACILIATOR/COMPOSER..."--be scattered throughout the evening
instead of concentrated in one portion of the set list.

plans/hopes i have are as follows:

1. that Danielle and Kate and Joe will sing "If I Had A Pencil/This Land Is
My Land," with me--and do sort of a "Peter Paul and Mary"/"Mamas and
Papas" schtick to go with it--i.e. berets, goatees, mock turtlenecks,
flowing shawls and saccharine smiles, maybe even a dashiki (sp?).  "WHERE
HAVE ALL THE PEACENIKS GONE?" could be done in the same style.

2. that the SINGSPEAK group that meets at 210 Grove on Wednesday nights will
join us all for a rousing rendition of the "Wal-Mart...Anthem," with
Susan P. on accordion (?) and two-part harmonies from the group.
rehearsals for this are already in progress.

3. i could also do "Jeanine for President," and/or "THINGS" (the acapella
piece from SPUTNIK L. which ends, "the television war... the television
war..., etc."  OR Danielle and I could do "THINGS"  together, OR we could
play the version that's on the CD--if there's a CD player at Sweet
Betsy's.  is there one, Aunt Barbara?

it all depends, i guess, on how many musical interludes are required.

4.  $$$LAST PLAN/HOPE FROM ME is

that one or two other readers will volunteer to tackle "Day in the Life
of a Newspoet" with me.

AND 5. i want to read works by Sam Patterson.  #32 Final Exam Spring 1999.
#40 Peace Agreement. #46 Peace Process.  AFTER "WHAT THINGS ARE CALLED" plus
"What Things are Called."  i am willing to share the Patterson duties
with anyone who wants a piece. --too bad he's living such a rough life on
the shores of the Pacific Ocean and can't be with us in BetsyLand. ;>

more soon...

paul
THE HAND-MADE RECORD LABEL		studio 109
1006 south garfield			109 Goose Alley