[Newspoetry] Echelon Love Poem

Scott Rettberg rettberg at xsite.net
Fri Oct 22 11:02:59 CDT 1999

Echelon Love Poem
(After Al Green and Andrew Marvell)

FBI think I love you
CIA that is I meant to say
NSA moment does not pass that
IRS not pining for you

ATF I'm bereft
BATF your eyes at me
DOD all I can see
WACO n't we stay in each other's arms

RUBY, ruby, my sweet snoogy
RIDGE of lip I still could kiss
OKC won't you be with me
OKLAHOMA where our love comes sweeping down the plain

CITY night whispers your name
MILITIA to my esprit
GUN nab it baby I'm your one
HANDGUN of fun, my sweet wicked one

MILGOV the squishy sponge of love
ASSAULT not our love by clock
RIFLE through our reams of time
TERRORISM is what I face when you're away

BOMB me with your love
DRUG me with your sweet lips
HORIUCHI oh koochy koochy
KORESH my in your tender clutch

DAVIDIAN nothin I say to make this love go way
KAHL me baby any time you got to
POSSE me with passion pot potent
COMITATUS at your merest touch

RANDY oh yeah baby you and me
WEAVER make us a blanket of sweat
VICKIE this love ain't no sticky
WEAVER of web, throw my love a thread

SPECIAL time yours and mine
FORCES my vegetable love to grow
LINDA limber got me round your finger
THOMPSON one to love someone the way the I love you

SPECIAL lust I feel your touch
OPERATIONS we're working our stations
GROUP my hoop, we ride that loop you
SOG me with sweet feelings that make my heart wet

SOF tah than a teddy bear
DELTA melta my poor heart smelters
FORCE the sun to stay hidden my
CONSTITUTION will wither, I'll crumble without you

BILL this day to our vacation
OF our last moments on earth I'll say our
RIGHTS to this time we spent right on the
WHITEWATER of love that hearts rode

POM this away in your memory
PARK this in the drive-in of love
ON such and such a date, we refused to
METER our love by the sands of time

ARKANSIDE but I can't hide
IRAN straight to your arms
CONTRAS wept away by your sweet love you're the
OLIVER in my martini, and you look fine in a bikini

NORTH by northwest, without your touch I can't con
VINCE my self to go on, alone I can't
FOSTER the will to go on my sweet love,
PROMIS me that we'll be together forever

MOSSAD der than a rainy day without you
NASA moment goes by that you're not in my eye
MI5? Am I three? I'm more than one with thee
ONI I can't rely, you're more than cherry pie

CIDeed my soul to thee
AK47, when we're in heaven
M16, I think you know what I mean,
C4 our love to last, it's much than a repast

MALCOLM to me my love
X away your tears, our fears of
REVOLUTION in our tryst, that which time might not permit, but like
CHEROKEE we'll ride as ghosts where the buffalo roamed, plains of love

HILLARY had his Everest, and so we have our love,
BILL ding our love as we rise up above,
CLINTON to this fine passing moment, before they
GORE us with demands, duties, reprimands

GEORGE did cut down that cherry tree, but that's just a
BUSH to you and me, we'll
WACKENHUT from the reeds on this uncharted isle, it's not
TERRORIST to say, "I can't make it in today."

TASK me not, nor chide, don't
FORCE me to run into that world and hide, or turn
160 in my boots, work not this hour, lover,
SPECIAL circumstances recommend we burn

OPS cure, mundane, and unique, this
12TH hour of our love, will not this
GROUP suffice unto the day, our
5TH roll in the hay?

GROUP not your way towards those who enlist your labor
SF it were more important than our love, which the gods do favor.