[Newspoetry] FW: PROGRESSIVE SECRETARY NEWSLETTER

enslin at prairienet.org
Thu Sep 23 10:39:30 CDT 1999

This is on the topic of newspoetry perhaps only to the extent that it is an
interesting idea for connecting writing, internet technology, and social
change. There is an option to have the letters sent with blanket approval
from you--that is they/it sends the letter to public officials you specify
and they/it sends you a copy of the letter sent (there is also an option to
have the letter sent to you first, and broadcast only on your approval). The
instigator of the project (Jim Harris) describes himself as a quaker and
activist. I have been disappointed by a letter once so far (out of about 12
letters sent in my name) (a letter of condolence to the pastor of the
Baptists church that was attacked that made me out to be pious--the rest
have been pretty good letters to members of congress, IL legislators, Bill,
and Albert). At the end of the forward is the URL of a page that describes
the project.

mark enslin