[Newspoetry] poem, another

Anne Bargar babs at prairienet.org
Wed Apr 12 17:48:38 CDT 2000

There's nothing much to think about, folks!

I'm not writing any poetry this week, because there just isn't enough to
think about.  Let me give you a few examples of things that aren't
particularly overwhelming or serious so you will know what I'm talking
about.

On Sunday, the pop machine at betsy's starting spweing Sprite for no
apparent reason.  Mike and I just shrugged and called Coke, to no avail.

A Holocaust denier was named a Holocaust denier, and I tried to think of
how "denier" is actually spelled.

Someone showed up from Cuba to pick that poor kid up, but the relatives
are still being meanies.

The father's face says, "just give me my kid back, ok?"

Probably thousands have already gathered in Washington, but we only get a
tiny picture on thefifth page of the Chicago paper.

The IMF won't give WORT-FM a press pass, saying that they don't give press
passes to community radio and tv stations.

Three kids got blown up in Bosnia because there wasn't enough money to put
tape around the damn minefield.

39% of doctors lie to insurance companies in order to get their patients
services the HMO's won't pay for.  Instaed of looking at their own
policies, the HMO's are sayiong that something is wrong with the doctors.

Police are becoming more violent than teenagers, but the teenagers are
paying the price for it.

George W. wants to help the working poor.

Corporate America says that it's too expensive to bother to put protective
equipment in factories, claiming that most work-related injuries are
actually caused outside of work, or are psychological, instaed of being
the result of repetitive tasks.

We're leaving for Washington DC on Friday morning.

So as you see, there's not a whole lot to think about right now.

-Babs