[Newspoetry] Missing Hat!

Bill Wendling wendling at ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 24 12:13:40 CDT 2000

Hi, William,

Yeah. Sorry about that. I forgot about the people outside of Urbana when
posting the message. I didn't think, no matter how paranoid I may be,
that someone came from half-way around the world to a quaint college town
in the mid-west, sneaked into my house while I was sleeping (perhaps
under cover of a thunder storm), and made off with my hat which now plays
a key role in the Ralph Nader campaign. Nor that they had colleagues
working in Urbana who collected hats from unwary Embassy goers to ship
off to third-world sweat shops so the managers there could feel a sense
of power such a hat would embody.

I thought it would be the easiest way to dispurse my message through my
friends...Sorry to those who aren't from this area.